Adult Spring Break (it's a thing) and while originally a rite of passage for college students, FUNBOY believes in celebrating every season to the fullest extent. Read on for FUNBOY's top Spring Break destinations.
Mexican model Annie Dezosorio on the FUNBOY Pegasus Float
Cabo: Beautiful bodies, white sand beaches, and clear blue waters make Cabo the quintessential spring break spot for all ages. Located on the Southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula, Playa El Médano is the main beach in Cabo and the hub for daytime drinking and water activities. The only thing distracting you from lunch at The Office is the breathtaking view of El Arco, a natural archway in the seacliffs and one of Cabo’s most insta-worthy spots.
- Stay: Private Villa in Pedregal - If you've been to Cabo and never stayed in Pedregal, you haven't seen the best of what Cabo has to offer. Multi-million dollar mansions dot the expansive hillside with the majority of homes facing the Pacific Ocean. Gated entry and around the clock guards ensure the safety of guests and a private beach provides ample space for relaxing away from the typical tourist hot spots.
- Party: The Nowhere Bar is likely the smallest nightclub, but packs the best clientele in the entire town. This upscale marina bar/club is typically the first stop of the night before hitting up Mandala or the classic El Squid Roe . We like to give each spot their own night and really let our hair down!
- Float: Fill your private villa pool with all the inflatable swan or flamingo floats necessary to get the pool party started. To join the action, we recommend Mango Deck where spring break is in full effect. Take a water taxi to Lover’s Beach for a more unique Cabo floating experience.
Tulum: After graduating college spring breaks in Cabo, Tulum is the new go-to destination. There’s a reason insta-influencers frequently flock to this Mexican paradise. Tulum is the boutique version of cabo. Unique hotels and restaurants that use only local ingredients cultivate a creative culture only found in Tulum. Be sure to check out the Mayan ruins or seek adventure by diving into one of the many underground cenotes . If you still have some of the Cabo party bug, don’t worry, Cancun is only two hours away!
- Stay: Be Tulum . Make sure to stop by Hartwood and Posada Margarita for some delicious food.
- Party: Papaya Playa - a pop-up hotel / outdoor nightclub that has stayed pop-up!
- Float: In a private splash at Be Tulum, or in the beautiful infinity pool that looks out over the Yucatan.
April Love Geary on the FUNBOY Gold Swan Float @ Nikki Beach
St. Barths: If you’re anywhere on the east coast with a sweet tooth for expensive travel, jump down to the island of St. Barth’s in the French West Indies. The journey to St. Barth is truly unique, with an airport famous for it’s terrifying descent only large enough for prop planes originating from nearby St. Martin. Prop planes swoop down over the mountain side and come to a halt literally mere feet from the beach. If you can’t handle small planes, there is a daily ferry from St. Martin. In the main town of Gustavia, 200 ft superyachts are the norm. Although St. Barth’s is unmistakably French, the Caribbean vibe can be found in the beach life atmosphere. Attire is casual, but it’s safe to say casual on St. Barth’s isn’t cheap. The island is a magical experience and below is your insider guide.
- Stay: Private Villa (we love ICI&LA Villas ) or the famous Eden Rock hotel , where the hotel's bar and restaurant are perched on a rock outcrop overlooking bright blue waters to the left and right.
- Party: La Plage at Tom Beach Hotel for their Saturday Flamingo Brunch featuring the giant FUNBOY pink flamingo floats. Brunch lasts all day and you might casually be seated next to a major celeb or international billionaire playboy,
- Float: Bring your pool floats in front of Nikki Beach at Sunset when Johnny Sax is in full swing bringing down the house with some sexy saxo beats. For a more relaxed float session, hike down to Colombier Beach for crystal clear blue water and yachts anchored for the day.
Pegasus Pool Float @ The Palms Hugh Hefner Suite
Las Vegas is an unforgettable roller coaster ride of glitz and glam. It’s the city that truly never sleeps and knows exactly what you want, delivered in spades. The resorts, nightlife and shows make Las Vegas one of the world’s top spring break destinations. There’s no holding back in Vegas, if you’re dealt a good hand, we recommend going all-in.
- Stay: Encore at Wynn and The Cosmopolitan are two of the newer hotels in Las Vegas and they do not disappoint. Lavish casinos are accompanied by cocktail centric bars and delectable eats. If you are craving Italian, try Sinatra at Encore for a classy throwback. For a one of a kind dining experience check out É BY JOSÉ ANDRÉS at The Cosmopolitan.
- Party: The party scene in Las Vegas consists of dayclubs and nightclubs unparalleled by anywhere else in the world. XS , 1OAK , Marquee and Hakkasan are some of the top spots to hear world renowned dj’s and experience a Las Vegas nightclub in all it’s glory.
- Float: Encore Beach Club hands down. Float Life will be in full effect when FUNBOY partners with Encore Beach Club for summer 2016.
<meta charset="utf-8" />
Palm Springs: Once an intimate oasis for Hollywood’s elite, Palm Springs has been undergoing a multi-year renaissance to quickly becoming one of the hippest vacation spots. Complete with posh luxury hotels restored with funky flare, tremendous food options and pools galore, you can’t go wrong with a giant pool float filled spring break in the desert. The weather is typically perfect in springtime with daily temps in the mid-80’s to low 90’s.
Rocky Barnes on the FUNBOY Flamingo Float. Pic by Derren Versoza
- Stay: The best hotel for bronzing is the Colony Palms. If a spring break party is more your vibe, hit up Hotel Saguaro or Ace Hotel . To ride your pool floats in private, there are hundreds of mid-century modern vacation homes tailored to your pool party ideas and available for rent via Airbnb. Our favorites include the Amado Complex (sleeps 12) or this private desert oasis fit for seven.
Miami South Beach featuring the FUNBOY Pegasus Pool Float Photo Credit: Sonya Esman @classisinternal
Miami: Sex, sand, lights and everything in-between - Miami is truly a city of vices. To get the full experience, make sure you locate yourself in South Beach where you are always just minutes from clear blue waters. Miami features amazing art deco buildings that come alive with neon lights when the sun goes down. South American and Cuban cultural influences mixed with amazing nightlife, art and food makes Miami one of our favorite spring break spots. Don’t be alarmed if you see a largebachelorette party cruising the streets as it’s a favorite for those as well.
Rachel Bush plays on the FUNBOY Gold Swan Float