Adult Spring Break (it's a thing) and while originally a rite of passage for college students, FUNBOY believes in celebrating every season to the fullest extent. Read on for FUNBOY's top Spring Break destinations.
Mexican model Annie Dezosorio on the FUNBOY Pegasus Float
Cabo:Beautiful bodies, white sand beaches, and clear blue waters make Cabo the quintessential spring break spot for all ages. Located on the Southern tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula, Playa El Médano is the main beach in Cabo and the hub for daytime drinking and water activities. The only thing distracting you from lunch atThe Office is the breathtaking view of El Arco, a natural archway in the seacliffs and one of Cabo’s most insta-worthy spots.
- Stay: Private Villa in Pedregal - If you've been to Cabo and never stayed in Pedregal, you haven't seen the best of what Cabo has to offer. Multi-million dollar mansions dot the expansive hillside with the majority of homes facing the Pacific Ocean. Gated entry and around the clock guards ensure the safety of guests and a private beach provides ample space for relaxing away from the typical tourist hot spots.
- Party:TheNowhere Bar is likely the smallest nightclub, but packs the best clientele in the entire town. This upscale marina bar/club is typically the first stop of the night before hitting upMandala or the classicEl Squid Roe. We like to give each spot their own night and really let our hair down!
- Float:Fill your private villa pool with all theinflatable swan orflamingo floats necessary to get the pool party started. To join the action, we recommendMango Deck where spring break is in full effect. Take a water taxi toLover’s Beach for a more unique Cabo floating experience.
Tulum:After graduating college spring breaks in Cabo, Tulum is the new go-to destination. There’s a reason insta-influencers frequently flock to this Mexican paradise. Tulum is the boutique version of cabo. Unique hotels and restaurants that use only local ingredients cultivate a creative culture only found in Tulum. Be sure to check out theMayan ruins or seek adventure by diving into one of the many undergroundcenotes. If you still have some of the Cabo party bug, don’t worry, Cancun is only two hours away!
- Stay: Be Tulum. Make sure to stop byHartwood and Posada Margarita for some delicious food.
- Party: Papaya Playa - a pop-up hotel / outdoor nightclub that has stayed pop-up!
- Float: In a private splash at Be Tulum, or in the beautiful infinity pool that looks out over the Yucatan.
April Love Geary on the FUNBOY Gold Swan Float @ Nikki Beach
St. Barths: If you’re anywhere on the east coast with a sweet tooth for expensive travel, jump down to the island of St. Barth’s in the French West Indies. The journey to St. Barth is truly unique, with an airport famous for it’s terrifying descent only large enough for prop planes originating from nearby St. Martin. Prop planes swoop down over the mountain side and come to a halt literally mere feet from the beach. If you can’t handle small planes, there is a daily ferry from St. Martin. In the main town of Gustavia, 200 ft superyachts are the norm. Although St. Barth’s is unmistakably French, the Caribbean vibe can be found in the beach life atmosphere. Attire is casual, but it’s safe to say casual on St. Barth’s isn’t cheap. The island is a magical experience and below is your insider guide.
- Stay: Private Villa (we loveICI&LA Villas) or the famousEden Rock hotel, where the hotel's bar and restaurant are perched on a rock outcrop overlooking bright blue waters to the left and right.
- Party: La Plage at Tom Beach Hotel for their Saturday Flamingo Brunch featuring the giant FUNBOY pink flamingo floats. Brunch lasts all day and you might casually be seated next to a major celeb or international billionaire playboy,
- Float: Bring yourpool floats in front ofNikki Beach at Sunset when Johnny Sax is in full swing bringing down the house with some sexy saxo beats. For a more relaxed float session, hike down toColombier Beach for crystal clear blue water and yachts anchored for the day.
Pegasus Pool Float @ The Palms Hugh Hefner Suite
Las Vegas is an unforgettable roller coaster ride of glitz and glam. It’s the city that truly never sleeps and knows exactly what you want, delivered in spades. The resorts, nightlife and shows make Las Vegas one of the world’s top spring break destinations. There’s no holding back in Vegas, if you’re dealt a good hand, we recommend going all-in.
- Stay: Encore at Wynn andThe Cosmopolitan are two of the newer hotels in Las Vegas and they do not disappoint. Lavish casinos are accompanied by cocktail centric bars and delectable eats. If you are craving Italian, trySinatra at Encore for a classy throwback. For a one of a kind dining experience check outÉ BY JOSÉ ANDRÉS at The Cosmopolitan.
- Party: The party scene in Las Vegas consists of dayclubs and nightclubs unparalleled by anywhere else in the world.XS,1OAK,Marquee andHakkasan are some of the top spots to hear world renowned dj’s and experience a Las Vegas nightclub in all it’s glory.
- Float: Encore Beach Club hands down. Float Life will be in full effect when FUNBOY partners with Encore Beach Club for summer 2016.
Palm SpringsPalm Springs: Once an intimate oasis for Hollywood’s elite, Palm Springs has been undergoing a multi-year renaissance to quickly becoming one of the hippest vacation spots. Complete with posh luxury hotels restored with funky flare, tremendous food options and pools galore, you can’t go wrong with a giant pool float filled spring break in the desert. The weather is typically perfect in springtime with daily temps in the mid-80’s to low 90’s.
Rocky Barnes on the FUNBOY Flamingo Float. Pic by Derren Versoza
- Stay: The best hotel for bronzing is the Colony Palms. If a spring break party is more your vibe, hit up Hotel Saguaro or Ace Hotel. To ride your pool floats in private, there are hundreds of mid-century modern vacation homes tailored to your pool party ideas and available for rent via Airbnb. Our favorites include theAmado Complex (sleeps 12) orthis private desert oasis fit for seven.
- Party:The Amigo Room or Bar (yes, the name of the bar is “bar” and it features and outdoor croquet experience). Before you head out for the night, enjoy dinner at Workshop Kitchen + Bar.
- Float: Most hotels are float friendly but Hotel Saguaro literally throws a standing party called “Splash House” where a swan float or giant flamingo float are strongly encouraged.
Miami: Sex, sand, lights and everything in-between - Miami is truly a city of vices. To get the full experience, make sure you locate yourself in South Beach where you are always just minutes from clear blue waters. Miami features amazing art deco buildings that come alive with neon lights when the sun goes down. South American and Cuban cultural influences mixed with amazing nightlife, art and food makes Miami one of our favorite spring break spots. Don’t be alarmed if you see a largebachelorette partycruising the streets as it’s a favorite for those as well.
Stay: 1 Hotel South Beach where beach life and rooftop pools provide the ultimate sun soaking experience
- Party: The Basement (did someone say indoor ice rink and bowling alley?) & LIV (one of the most iconic nightclubs in the world) where guest DJs like Calvin Harris and Diplo often perform.
Float: Southbeach - there are beautiful pools everywhere in Miami, but nothing beatspool floats and the energetic vibe of Miami’s iconic South Beach. That is of course unless you know a celebrity or athlete with a mega mansion on one of the famous islands surrounding Miami. If you do, make sure to bring an inflatable swan as a thank you!